507.4 Sprinklered, One-Story Buildings
The area of a Group A-4 building not more than one story above grade plane of other than Type V construction, or the area of a Group B, F, M or S building no more than one story above grade plane of any construction type, shall not be limited where the building is provided with an automatic sprinkler system throughout in accordance with Section 903.3.1.1 and is surrounded and adjoined by public ways or yards not less than 60 feet (18 288 mm) in width.
- Buildings and structures of Type I or II construction for rack storage facilities that do not have access by the public shall not be limited in height, provided that such buildings conform to the requirements of Sections 507.4 and 903.3.1.1 and Chapter 32 of the International Fire Code.
- 2.1. Exit doors directly to the outside are provided for occupants of the participant sports areas.
- 2.2. The building is equipped with a fire alarm system with manual fire alarm boxes installed in accordance with Section 907.
- 2.3. An automatic sprinkler system is provided in storage rooms, press boxes, concession booths or other spaces ancillary to the sport activity space.
Group A-1 and A-2 occupancies of other than Type V construction shall be permitted within mixed occupancy buildings of unlimited area complying with Section 507.4, provided all of the following criteria are met:
- Group A-1 and A-2 occupancies are separated from other occupancies as required for separated occupancies in Section 508.4.4 with no reduction allowed in the fire-resistance rating of the separation based upon the installation of an automatic sprinkler system.
- Each area of the portions of the building used for Group A-1 or A-2 occupancies shall not exceed the maximum allowable area permitted for such occupancies in Section 503.1.
- Exit doors from Group A-1 and A-2 occupancies shall discharge directly to the exterior of the building.