The area of a Group B, F, M or S building no more than one story above grade plane of any construction type, or the area of a Group A-4 building no more than one story above grade plane of other than Type V construction, shall not be limited where the building is provided with an automatic sprinkler system throughout in accordance with Section 903.3.1.1 and is surrounded and adjoined by public ways or yards not less than 60 feet (18 288 mm) in width.
1. Buildings and structures of Types I and II construction for rack storage facilities that do not have access by the public shall not be limited in height, provided that such buildings conform to the requirements of Sections 507.3 and 903.3.1.1 and the Florida Fire Prevention Code.
2. The automatic sprinkler system shall not be required in areas occupied for indoor participant sports, such as tennis, skating, swimming and equestrian activities in occupancies in Group A-4, provided that:
2.1. Exit doors directly to the outside are provided for occupants of the participant sports areas; and
Group A-1 and A-2 occupancies of other than Type V construction shall be permitted within mixed occupancy buildings of unlimited area complying with Section 507.3, provided:
- Group A-1 and A-2 occupancies are separated from other occupancies as required for separated occupancies in Section 508.4.4 with no reduction allowed in the fire-resistance rating of the separation based upon the installation of an automatic sprinkler system;
- Each area of the portions of the building used for Group A-1 or A-2 occupancies shall not exceed the maximum allowable area permitted for such occupancies in Section 503.1; and
- Exit doors from Group A-1 and A-2 occupancies shall discharge directly to the exterior of the building.