// CODE SNIPPET
3315.3 Special Requirements Where Power Buggies Are Used
JUMP TO FULL CODE CHAPTER
Runways, ramps, platforms, and other surfaces upon which power buggies are operated shall meet the following minimum requirements:
- They shall be designed by a qualified person.
- They shall be able to sustain, without failure, at least four times the maximum live load for which they are intended.
- The minimum width, inside of curbs, for any ramp, runway, or platform shall be 2 feet (610 mm) wider than the outside width of any power buggy operated thereon without passing, and 3 feet (914 mm) wider than twice such buggy width in the places where passing occurs.
- All runways shall be essentially level transversely.
- Curbs shall be furnished along all buggy traffic paths that are nearer than 10 feet (3048 mm) horizontally to any unenclosed area, shaft, or other open space into which or through which a fall of more than 12 inches (305 mm) from such surface is possible, except as set forth in numbered Item 7.
- Where curbs are not required because the buggy is operated on a surface not over 12 inches (305 mm) above another surface, the lower surface shall be strong enough to sustain the loaded vehicle in the event of a fall thereon.
- Curbs may be omitted at actual dumping points more than 12 inches (305 mm) above other surfaces if the edge over which dumping occurs is provided with bumpers or other means that will effectively stop the buggy from running over the edge while dumping.
- Curbs must be at least 7 inches (178 mm) high, securely fastened, and capable of resisting side impact, and shall be equivalent to at least 2 inch by 8 inch (51 mm by 203 mm) plank set on edge against uprights securely fastened and braced at not more than 4-foot (1219 mm) intervals.