In other than Group H occupancies, special purpose horizontal sliding, accordion, or folding door assemblies permitted to be a component of a means of egress in accordance with Exception 6 to Section 1010.1.2 shall comply with all of the following criteria:
- The doors shall be power operated and shall be capable of being operated manually in the event of power failure.
- The doors shall be openable by a simple method from both sides without special knowledge or effort.
- The force required to operate the door shall not exceed 30 pounds (133 N) to set the door in motion and 15 pounds (67 N) to close the door or open it to the minimum required width.
- The door shall be openable with a force not to exceed 15 pounds (67 N) when a force of 250 pounds (1100 N) is applied perpendicular to the door adjacent to the operating device.
- The door assembly shall comply with the applicable fire protection rating and, where rated, shall be self-closing or automatic closing by smoke detection in accordance with Section 722.214.171.124 of the California Building Code, shall be installed in accordance with NFPA 80 and shall comply with Section 716 of the California Building Code.
- The door assembly shall have an integrated standby power supply.
- The door assembly power supply shall be electrically supervised.
- The door shall open to the minimum required width within 10 seconds after activation of the operating device.