Section 1108 Special Occupancies
ACCESSIBLE WHEELCHAIR SPACES
|CAPACITY OF |
|MINIMUM REQUIRED NUMBER OF |
|4 to 25||1|
|26 to 50||2|
|51 to 100||4|
|101 to 300||5|
|301 to 500||6|
|501 to 5,000||6, plus 1 for each 150, or fraction thereof, |
between 501 through 5,000
|5,001 and over||36 plus 1 for each 200, or fraction thereof, |
In multilevel assembly seating areas, wheelchair spaces shall be provided on the main floor level and on one of each two additional floor or mezzanine levels. Wheelchair spaces shall be provided in each luxury box, club box and suite within assembly facilities.
- In multilevel assembly seating areas utilized for worship services where the second floor or mezzanine level contains 25 percent or less of the total seating capacity, wheelchair spaces shall be permitted to all be located on the main level.
- In multilevel assembly seating areas where the second floor or mezzanine level provides 25 percent or less of the total seating capacity and 300 or fewer seats, all wheelchair spaces shall be permitted to be located on the main level.
- Wheelchair spaces in team or player seating serving areas of sport activity are not required to be dispersed.
Each building, room or space used for assembly purposes where audible communications are integral to the use of the space shall have an assistive listening system.
Exception: Other than in courtrooms, an assistive listening system is not required where there is no audio amplification system.
The number and type of receivers shall be provided for assistive listening systems in accordance with Table 1220.127.116.11.
- Where a building contains more than one room or space used for assembly purposes, the total number of required receivers shall be permitted to be calculated based on the total number of seats in the building, provided that all receivers are usable with all systems and if the rooms or spaces used for assembly purposes required to provide assistive listening are under one management.
- Where all seats in a building, room or space used for assembly purposes are served by an induction loop assistive listening system, the minimum number of receivers required by Table 118.104.22.168 to be hearing-aid compatible shall not be required.
RECEIVERS FOR ASSISTIVE LISTENING SYSTEMS
|CAPACITY OF SEATING |
IN ASSEMBLY AREAS
|MINIMUM REQUIRED |
NUMBER OF RECEIVERS
|MINIMUM NUMBER OF RECEIVERS |
TO BE HEARING-AID COMPATIBLE
|50 or less||2||2|
|51 to 200||2, plus 1 per 25 seats over 50 seats*||2|
|201 to 500||2, plus 1 per 25 seats over 50 seats*||1 per 4 receivers*|
|501 to 1,000||20, plus 1 per 33 seats over 500 seats*||1 per 4 receivers*|
|1,001 to 2,000||35, plus 1 per 50 seats over 1,000 seats*||1 per 4 receivers*|
|Over 2,000||55, plus 1 per 100 seats over 2,000 seats*||1 per 4 receivers*|
Note: * = or fraction thereof
In dining and drinking areas, all interior and exterior floor areas shall be accessible and be on an accessible route.
- An accessible route between accessible levels and stories above or below is not required where permitted by Section 1104.4, Exception 1.
- An accessible route to dining and drinking areas in a mezzanine is not required, provided that the mezzanine contains less than 25 percent of the total combined area for dining and drinking and the same services, and decor are provided in the accessible area.
- In sports facilities, tiered dining areas providing seating required to be accessible shall be required to have accessible routes serving at least 25 percent of the dining area, provided that accessible routes serve accessible seating and where each tier is provided with the same services.
- Employee-only work areas shall comply with Sections 1103.2.2 and 1104.3.1.
A wheelchair space shall be provided within the jury box.
Exception: Adjacent companion seating is not required.