// CODE SNIPPET
450.5 Special Buildings, Tents and Tent Structures
JUMP TO FULL CODE CHAPTER
- The flame-spread end-point rating of all interior finish materials shall not exceed 200.
- Every room or area housing more than eight persons shall be provided with not less than two approved exits, each of which shall be direct to the exterior and shall not be less than 32 inches (813 mm) in clear width and 6 feet 8 inches (2032 mm) in height. Rooms or areas housing eight or less persons shall be provided with at least one such exit direct to the exterior.
- Every exit door shall be openable from the inside without the use of any key, special knowledge or effort.
- Exit doors need not be hung to swing in the direction of exit travel. Where exit doors are hung to swing in the direction of exit travel, a landing conforming to the provisions of Section 1008.1.5 shall be provided.
- When the floor level at any door opening of any building or structure is more than 30 inches (762 mm) above the adjacent ground level, handrails or guardrails shall be provided on the landing, balcony or porch, and on every stairway or ramp to ground level.
- Buildings and structures or groups of buildings and structures shall be separated from each other by not less than 10 feet (3048 mm). This section shall not apply to existing buildings and structures of existing Group C Occupancies.
- Regardless of any other provisions of this section, heating of tents and tent structures shall be prohibited unless written permission is obtained from the fire chief.
- 1.1. Tents shall not exceed 80 square feet (7.4 m2) in area..
- 1.2. No electrical devices, except flashlights, are installed or used in the tents.
- 1.3. Tents are not located closer than 30 feet (9144 mm) to any open fire.
- 1.4. Smoking is prohibited in the tents.
- 1.5. All other applicable provisions of this article are met.
- Canvas or materials used exclusively to protect windows and similar openings in walls.
- Canvas or materials used as a windbreak enclosure of not more than three sides and open to the sky.