// CODE SNIPPET
22.214.171.124 Smoke Damper Exemptions
JUMP TO FULL CODE CHAPTER
Smoke dampers shall not be required under any of the following conditions:
- Where specifically exempted by provisions in Chapters 11 through 43
- Where ducts or air-transfer openings are part of an engineered smoke control system and the smoke damper will interfere with the operation of a smoke control system
- Where the air in ducts continues to move and the air handling system installed is arranged to prevent recirculation of exhaust or return air under fire emergency conditions
- Where the air inlet or outlet openings in ducts are limited to a single smoke compartment
- Where ducts penetrate floors that serve as smoke barriers
- Where ducts penetrate smoke barriers forming a communicating space separation in accordance with 8.6.6(4)(a)
Related Code Sections
126.96.36.199 Features of Fire Protection, Smoke Damper Exemptions
Smoke dampers shall not be required under any of the following conditions: Where specifically exempted by provisions in Chapters 11 through 43 ...
Life Safety Code 2018 of Kansas > 8 Features of Fire Protection > 8.5 Smoke Barriers > 8.5.5 Ducts and Air-Transfer Openings > 188.8.131.52 Smoke Damper Exemptions
607.5.4.1 Duct Systems, Smoke Damper
Smoke dampers shall close as required by Section 607.3.3.2 ...
Mechanical Code 2018 of Kansas > 6 Duct Systems > 607 Duct and Transfer Openings > 607.5 Where Required > 607.5.4 Corridors/Smoke Barriers > 607.5.4.1 Smoke Damper
184.108.40.206* Features of Fire Protection, Smoke Dampers
Air-transfer openings in smoke partitions shall be provided with approved smoke dampers designed and tested in accordance with the requirements ...
Life Safety Code 2018 of Kansas > 8 Features of Fire Protection > 8.4 Smoke Partitions > 8.4.6 Air-Transfer Openings > 220.127.116.11* Smoke Dampers
510.7.1 Exhaust Systems, Fire Dampers and Smoke Dampers
Fire dampers and smoke dampers are prohibited in hazardous exhaust ducts ...
Mechanical Code 2018 of Kansas > 5 Exhaust Systems > 510 Hazardous Exhaust Systems > 510.7 Penetrations > 510.7.1 Fire Dampers and Smoke Dampers