// CODE SNIPPET
[F] 909.16.2 Smoke Control Panel
JUMP TO FULL CODE CHAPTER
The fire fighter's control panel shall provide control capability over the complete smoke control system equipment within the building as follows:
- ON-AUTO-OFF control over each individual piece of operating smoke control equipment that can be controlled from other sources within the building. This includes stairway pressurization fans; smoke exhaust fans; supply, return and exhaust fans; elevator shaft fans and other operating equipment used or intended for smoke control purposes.
- OPEN-AUTO-CLOSE control over individual dampers relating to smoke control and that are controlled from other sources within the building.
- ON-OFF or OPEN-CLOSE control over smoke control and other critical equipment associated with a fire or smoke emergency and that can only be controlled from the fire fighter's control panel.
- Complex systems, where approved, where the controls and indicators are combined to control and indicate all elements of a single smoke zone as a unit.
- Complex systems, where approved, where the control is accomplished by computer interface using approved, plain English commands.