Small management yards shall be constructed in accordance with all of the following:
- Constructed of Type IB noncombustible materials.
- Fence material shall be noncombustible.
- Have a maximum area of 150 square feet (14 m2).
- Yard area covering shall not exceed 75 square feet (7 m2) or a maximum of 50 percent of the fenced enclosure.
- Electrical lighting or devices of any type shall not be permitted within the yard.
Exception: Low voltage devices dedicated for the operation of toilets.
- Staff-controlled manual released locks shall be provided.
- Staff escorting inmates to and from small management yards shall be equipped with radios and personal alarms to notify central control in case of a fire.
- The safe dispersal area as defined by Section 1027.5 shall not be reduced due to placement of these yards.
- An exit, remote from the main entrance is required in the containment fencing.