// CODE SNIPPET
3306.5.2.3 Small Arms Ammunition and Primers
JUMP TO FULL CODE CHAPTER
Small arms ammunition and primers shall be stored as follows.
- Where small arms ammunition and primers are stored in a building, a combined quantity of not more than 100,000 may be stored, counting each round of ammunition and each primer separately. Such storage shall be in compliance with the following requirements.
- The storage shall be in areas not accessible to the public.
- Small arms ammunition and primers shall be stored in nonportable storage cabinets having walls at least 1 inch (25 mm) nominal thickness.
- Shelves in cabinets shall have vertical separation of at least 2 feet (610 mm).
- Cabinets shall be located against a building exterior wall with not less than 40 feet (12 192 mm) between cabinets.
- The minimum required separation between cabinets may be reduced to 20 feet (6096 mm) provided that barricades twice the height of the cabinets are attached to the wall, midway between each cabinet. The barricades shall be firmly attached to the wall, and shall be constructed of steel not less than 0.25 inch thick (6.4 mm), 2-inch (51-mm) nominal thickness wood, brick, or concrete block.