// CODE SNIPPET
610.8 Size of Meter and Building Supply Pipe Using Table 610.4
JUMP TO FULL CODE CHAPTER
The size of the meter and the building supply pipe shall be determined as follows:
- Determine the available pressure at the water meter or other source of supply.
- Add or subtract depending on positive or negative elevation change, 1/2 psi (3.4 kPa) for each foot (305 mm) of difference in elevation between such source of supply and the highest water supply outlet in the building or on the premises.
- Use the "pressure range" group within which this pressure will fall using Table 610.4.
- Select the "length'' column that is equal to or longer than the required length.
- Follow down the column to a fixture unit value equal to or exceeding the total number of fixture units required by the installation.
- Having located the proper fixture unit value for the required length, sizes of meter and building supply pipe as found in the two left-hand columns shall be applied.