In accordance with Section 1004.3 through 1004.3.4, of Chapter 5, Article 7 of the LAMC. This assembly room or area is approved for the following use(s) and the maximum number of occupants shall not exceed that shown.
Number of Occupants:
Address of Occupancy:
Assembly Room Designation:
The required capacity of each door opening shall be sufficient for the occupant load thereof and shall provide a minimum clear width of 32 inches (813 mm). Clear openings of doorways with swinging doors shall be measured between the face of the door and the stop, with the door open 90 degrees (1.57 rad). Where this section requires a minimum clear width of 32 inches (813 mm) and a door opening includes two door leaves without a mullion, one leaf shall provide a clear opening width of 32 inches (813 mm). The maximum width of a swinging door leaf shall be 48 inches (1219 mm) nominal. Means of egress doors in a Group I-2 or I-2.1 occupancy used for the movement of beds and stretcher patients shall provide a clear width not less than 44 inches (1118 mm). The height of door openings shall not be less than 80 inches (2032 mm).
- The minimum and maximum width shall not apply to door openings that are not part of the required means of egress in Group R-2 and R-3 occupancies.
- Door openings to resident sleeping units in Group I-3 occupancies shall have a clear width of not less than 28 inches (711 mm).
- Door openings to storage closets less than 10 square feet (0.93 m2) in area shall not be limited by the minimum width.
- Width of door leaves in revolving doors that comply with Section 1010.1.4.1 shall not be limited.
- Door openings within a dwelling unit or sleeping unit shall be not less than 78 inches (1981 mm) in height.
- Exterior door openings in dwelling units and sleeping units, other than the required exit door, shall be not less than 76 inches (1930 mm) in height.
- In other than Group R-1 occupancies, the minimum widths shall not apply to interior egress doors within a dwelling unit or sleeping unit that is not required to be an Accessible unit, Type A unit or Type B unit.
- Door openings required to be accessible within Type B units shall have a minimum clear width of 31.75 inches (806 mm).
- Doors to walk-in freezers and coolers less than 1,000 square feet (93 m2) in area shall have a maximum width of 60 inches (1524 mm).
- In Group R-1 dwelling units or sleeping units not required to be Accessible units, the minimum width shall not apply to doors for showers or saunas.
There shall not be projections into the required clear width lower than 34 inches (864 mm) above the floor or ground. Projections into the clear opening width between 34 inches (864 mm) and 80 inches (2032 mm) above the floor or ground shall not exceed 4 inches (102 mm).
- Door closers and door stops shall be permitted to be 78 inches (1980 mm) minimum above the floor.
- In a Group I-2 or I-2.1 occupancy, there shall be no projections into the clear width of doors used for the movement of beds and litter patients in the means of egress.
- Areas containing less than 5,000 square feet (465 m2) of usable floor space shall be provided with 6 feet (1829 mm) wide aisles arranged so as not to exceed the distance of travel requirements of this section.
- Areas containing 5,000 to 30,000 square feet (465 m2 to 2787 m2) of usable floor space shall be provided with 8 feet (2438 mm) wide aisles arranged so as to not exceed the distance of travel requirements of this section.
- Areas containing more than 30,000 square feet (2787 m2) of usable floor space shall be provided with 10 feet (3048 mm) wide aisles arranged so as to not exceed the distance of travel requirements of this section.
- Aisles that are provided for the convenience of persons in attendance and are not required for exit purposes may be reduced below the required aisle width by 2 feet (610 mm).