// CODE SNIPPET
G2427.5.4 (503.5.5) Size of Chimneys
JUMP TO FULL CODE CHAPTER
The effective area of a chimney venting system serving listed appliances with draft hoods, Category I appliances, and other appliances listed for use with Type B vents shall be determined in accordance with one of the following methods:
- The provisions of Section G2428.
- For sizing an individual chimney venting system for a single appliance with a draft hood, the effective areas of the vent connector and chimney flue shall be not less than the area of the appliance flue collar or draft hood outlet, nor greater than seven times the draft hood outlet area.
- For sizing a chimney venting system connected to two appliances with draft hoods, the effective area of the chimney flue shall be not less than the area of the larger draft hood outlet plus 50 percent of the area of the smaller draft hood outlet, nor greater than seven times the smallest draft hood outlet area.
- Chimney venting systems using mechanical draft shall be sized in accordance with approved engineering methods.
- Other approved engineering methods.