// CODE SNIPPET
188.8.131.52* Size and Location of Directional Indicator
JUMP TO FULL CODE CHAPTER
Directional indicators, unless otherwise provided in 184.108.40.206.2, shall comply with all of the following:
- The directional indicator shall be located outside of the EXIT legend, not less than 3/8 in. (9.5 mm) from any letter.
- The directional indicator shall be of a chevron type, as shown in Figure 220.127.116.11.1.
- The directional indicator shall be identifiable as a directional indicator at a distance of 40 ft (12 m).
- A directional indicator larger than the minimum established for compliance with 18.104.22.168.1(3) shall be proportionately increased in height, width, and stroke.
- The directional indicator shall be located at the end of the sign for the direction indicated.
FIGURE 22.214.171.124.1 Chevron-Type Indicator.
Related Code Sections
126.96.36.199* Means of Egress, Size and Location of Directional Indicator
be located outside of the EXIT legend, not less than 3 / 8 in. (9.5 mm) from any letter. The directional indicator shall be of a chevron type, as shown ...
Life Safety Code 2018 of Kansas > 7 Means of Egress > 7.10 Marking of Means of Egress > 7.10.6 Externally Illuminated Signs > 188.8.131.52* Size and Location of Directional Indicator
316.1.4 General Regulations, Construction Documents
documents shall indicate the direction of flow, all pipe sizes, grade of horizontal piping, loading and location of fixtures and appliances ...
Plumbing Code 2018 of Kansas > 3 General Regulations > 316 Alternative Engineered Design > 316.1 Alternative Engineered Design > 316.1.4 Construction Documents
Section 703 Sanitary Drainage, Building Sewer
system shall be internally examined to verify that the piping is sloping in the correct direction, is not broken, is not obstructed and is sized ...
1009.10 Means of Egress, Directional Signage
Directional signage indicating the location of all other means of egress and which of those are accessible means of egress shall be provided ...
Building Code 2018 of Kansas > 10 Means of Egress > 1009 Accessible Means of Egress > 1009.10 Directional Signage