// CODE SNIPPET
1231.2.6 Single-Occupancy Cells
JUMP TO FULL CODE CHAPTER
Single-occupancy cells shall:
- Have a maximum capacity of one inmate;
- Contain a minimum of 60 square feet (5.6 m2) of floor area in Type I facilities and 70 square feet (6.5 m2) of floor area in Type II and Type III facilities;
- Have a minimum clear ceiling height of 8 feet (2438 mm) and a minimum width of 6 feet (1829 mm);
- Contain a toilet, wash basin and drinking fountain as specified in Section 1231.3; and
- Contain a bunk, desk and seat as specified in Section 1231.3.
Exception: A Type I facility does not require a desk and seat.