220.127.116.11.1 Single Charging Space Requirements
[N] When only a single charging space is required per Table 18.104.22.168.3, a raceway is required to be installed at the time of construction and shall be installed in accordance with the California Electrical Code. Construction plans and specifications shall include, but are not limited to, the following:
- The type and location of the EVSE.
- A listed raceway capable of accommodating a 208/240-volt dedicated branch circuit.
- The raceway shall not be less than trade size 1."
- The raceway shall originate at a service panel or a subpanel serving the area, and shall terminate in close proximity to the proposed location of the charging equipment and into a listed suitable cabinet, box, enclosure or equivalent.
- The service panel or subpanel shall have sufficient capacity to accommodate a minimum 40-ampere dedicated branch circuit for the future installation of the EVSE.