// CODE SNIPPET
510.1 Single Appliance Vent Table 510.1.2(1) Through Table 510.1.2(6)
JUMP TO FULL CODE CHAPTER
Table 510.1.2(1) through Table 510.1.2(6) shall not be used where obstructions are installed in the venting system. The installation of vents serving listed appliances with vent dampers shall be in accordance with the appliance manufacturer's installation instructions or in accordance with the following:
- The maximum capacity of the vent system shall be determined using the NAT Max column.
- The minimum capacity shall be determined as though the appliance were a fan-assisted appliance, using the FAN Min column to determine the minimum capacity of the vent system. Where the corresponding "FAN Min" is "NA", the vent configuration shall not be permitted, and an alternative venting configuration shall be utilized. [NFPA 54:13.1.1]
Where the vent size determined from the tables is smaller than the appliance draft hood outlet or flue collar, the use of the smaller size shall be permitted provided that the installation is in accordance with the following requirements:
- The total vent height (H) is not less than 10 feet (3048 mm).
- Vents for appliance draft hood outlets or flue collars 12 inches (300 mm) in diameter or smaller are not reduced more than one table size.
- Vents for appliance draft hood outlets or flue collars exceeding 12 inches (300 mm) in diameter are not reduced more than two table sizes.
- The maximum capacity listed in the tables for a fan-assisted appliance is reduced by 10 percent (0.90 x maximum table capacity).
- The draft hood outlet exceeds 4 inches (100 mm) in diameter. A 3 inch (80 mm) diameter vent shall not be connected to a 4 inch (100 mm) diameter draft hood outlet. This provision shall not apply to fan-assisted appliances. [NFPA 54:13.1.2]