// CODE SNIPPET
510.4.2.4 Signal Booster Requirements
JUMP TO FULL CODE CHAPTER
If used, signal boosters shall meet the following requirements:
- All signal booster components shall be contained in a National Electrical Manufacturer's Association (NEMA) 4-type waterproof cabinet.
- Battery systems used for the emergency power source shall be contained in a NEMA 3R or higher-rated cabinet.
- Equipment shall have FCC or other radio licensing authority certification and be suitable for public safety use prior to installation.
- Where a donor antenna exists, isolation shall be maintained between the donor antenna and all inside antennas to not less than 20dB greater than the system gain under all operating conditions.
- Bi-Directional Amplifiers (BDAs) used in emergency responder radio coverage systems shall have oscillation prevention circuitry.
- The installation of amplification systems or systems that operate on or provide the means to cause interference on any emergency responder radio coverage networks shall be coordinated and approved by the fire code official.