// CODE SNIPPET
1023.9.1 Signage Requirements
JUMP TO FULL CODE CHAPTER
Stairway identification signs shall comply with all of the following requirements:
- The signs shall be a minimum size of 18 inches (457 mm) by 12 inches (305 mm).
- The letters designating the identification of the interior exit stairway and ramp shall be not less than 11/2 inches (38 mm) in height.
- The number designating the floor level shall be not less than 5 inches (127 mm) in height and located in the center of the sign.
- Other lettering and numbers shall be not less than 1 inch (25 mm) in height.
- Characters and their background shall have a nonglare finish. Characters shall contrast with their background, with either light characters on a dark background or dark characters on a light background.
- Where signs required by Section 1023.9 are installed in the interior exit stairways and ramps of buildings subject to Section 1025, the signs shall be made of the same materials as required by Section 1025.4.
Related Code Sections
1023.9.1 Means of Egress, Signage Requirements
Stairway identification signs shall comply with all of the following requirements: The signs shall be a minimum size of 18 inches (457 mm) by 12 ...
Building Code 2018 of Illinois > 10 Means of Egress > 1023 Interior Exit Stairways and Ramps > 1023.9 Stairway Identification Signs > 1023.9.1 Signage Requirements
2902.4 Plumbing Systems, Signage
Directional signage indicating the route to the required public toilet facilities ...
Building Code 2018 of Illinois > 29 Plumbing Systems > 2902 Minimum Plumbing Facilities > 2902.4 Signage
1009.9 Means of Egress, Signage
be identified by a sign stating: EXTERIOR AREA FOR ASSISTED RESCUE. Signage shall comply with the ICC A117.1 requirements for visual characters and include ...
Building Code 2018 of Illinois > 10 Means of Egress > 1009 Accessible Means of Egress > 1009.9 Signage
506.9 General Site and Building Elements, Signage
Signage indicating special accessibility provisions shall be provided as shown: Each door providing access to an area of refuge from an adjacent ...
2018 Illinois Accessibility Code > 5 General Site and Building Elements > 506 Accessible Means of Egress > 506.9 Signage