All signs with permanently connected lighting shall meet the requirements below:
- Automatic time switch control. All signs with permanently connected lighting shall be controlled with an automatic time switch control that complies with the applicable requirements of Section A5.209.1.
- Signs that are illuminated for less than 1 hour per day during daylight hours.
- Outdoor signs in tunnels and large covered areas that require illumination during daylight hours.
- Metal halide, high pressure sodium, cold cathode and neon lamps used to illuminated signs or parts of signs.
- Demand Responsive Electronic Message Center Control. An Electronic Message Center (EMC) having a new connected lighting power load greater than 15 kW shall have a control installed that is capable of reducing the lighting power by a minimum of 30 percent when receiving a demand response signal that is sent out by the local utility.
- EMCs required by a health or life safety statue ordinance or regulation, including but not limited to exit signs and traffic signs.