Where a sidewalk shed is installed, a sidewalk shed parapet panel meeting the requirements of Sections 3301.9.2.1 through 3301.9.2.6 shall be posted. Required sidewalk shed parapet panels shall be in place throughout the duration that the sidewalk shed remains at the site.
- At a site where the sidewalk shed permit was issued or renewed prior to July 1, 2013, signs meeting the requirement of Section 3301.9.4 may be posted in lieu of a sidewalk shed parapet panel. Such signs shall be removed and a sidewalk shed parapet panel in accordance with the requirements of this section installed upon date of the first permit renewal on or after July 1, 2013.
- Signs posted at construction or demolition sites for one-, two- or three-family dwellings may comply with Section 3301.9.4 in lieu of this section.
3301.9.2.1.1 Sidewalk Shed Parapet Panel Content for Sites Not Included in a Best Construction Site Management Program
Sidewalk shed parapet panels not included in a best construction site management program shall contain the following information and be arranged in accordance with Figure 3301.9.2.1(1):
3301.9.2.1.2 Sidewalk Shed Parapet Panel Content for Sites Included in a Best Construction Site Management Program
In addition to the requirements of section 3301.9.2.1.1, for site maintained in accordance with a best construction site management program accepted by the commissioner as set forth in Section 3301.9.2.7, either the name or logo of such program, with the department's program acceptance logo, may be placed on the sidewalk shed parapet panel in accordance with Figure 3301.9.2.1(2).
Sidewalk shed parapet panels shall be posted on the parapet that runs along the long axis of the sidewalk shed. Such sign:
- Shall not be posted above or below the level of the parapet; and
- Shall be posted at least 3 feet (914 mm) and no more than 6 feet (1828 mm) from the left edge of the sidewalk shed parapet, as viewed from the perspective of an individual on the sidewalk opposite the long axis of the sidewalk shed and facing the sidewalk shed; or
- Where a project information panel in accordance with Section 3301.9.1 is posted on the fence, the horizontal center of the sidewalk shed parapet panel shall be in line with a vertical plane drawn through the horizontal center of the project information panel and the sidewalk shed parapet shall be posted in accordance with Figure 3301.9.2.2.
FIGURE 3301.9.2.2 PANEL POSTING ELEVATION DIAGRAM
Sidewalk shed parapet panels shall be constructed out of a durable and weatherproof material such as vinyl, plastic, or aluminum, and such material shall be flame retardant in accordance with NFPA 701 or listed under UL 214.
Sidewalk shed parapet panels shall be 3 feet (914 mm) high and 6 feet (1829 mm) wide, with the content required by Section 3301.9.2.1 arranged in accordance with Figures 3301.9.2.1(1) or 3301.9.2.1(2). The sign shall have a white background. The content required by item number 1 of Section 3301.9.2.1.1 must be written in Calibri font or similar sans serif font style, and such letters shall be blue color a shade matching Pantone 296, or RGB 15, 43, 84, or CMYK 100, 88, 38, 35.
Sidewalk shed parapet panels shall be maintained so that the panel remains legible, securely attached, and free of sharp edges, protruding nails, or similar hazards. Content required by Section 3301.9.2.1 shall not be obscured by sign attachments, including but not limited to grommets or grommet holes.
The department shall have the authority to create standards established by rule for the acceptance of a program that ensures best construction site management practices, and to set forth the basis and process for removal of such acceptance and for the removal of the program's name and logo from the sidewalk shed parapet panel located at a particular site.