Shore isolation valve(s) shall conform to the requirements in Section 3109F.5, as applicable, and the following:
- Be located onshore for each cargo pipeline. All SIVs shall be clustered together, for easy access (N).
- Be clearly identified together with associated pipeline (N/E).
- Have adequate lighting (N/E).
- Be provided with communications or control circuits to synchronize simultaneous closure of the ESD system with the shutdown of loading pumps (N).
- Have a manual reset to restore the SIV system to an operational state after each shut down event (N).
- Be provided with thermal expansion relief to accommodate expansion of the liquid when closed. Thermal relief piping shall be properly sized and routed around the SIV, into the downstream segment of the pipeline or into other containment (N/E).
- SIVs installed in pipelines carrying HC liquids, or at a MOT with a spill classification "Medium" or "High" (see Table 31F-1-1), shall be equipped with "Local" and "Remote" actuation capabilities. Local control SIVs may be motorized and/or operated manually (N).