// CODE SNIPPET
5106.3.3 Separation of Level 2 and 3 Aerosol Areas
JUMP TO FULL CODE CHAPTER
Separation of Level 2 and 3 aerosol areas shall comply with the following:
- Level 2 and 3 aerosol display and merchandising areas shall be separated from each other by not less than 25 feet (7620 mm). See Table 5106.2.1.
- Level 2 and 3 aerosol display and merchandising areas shall be separated from flammable and combustible liquids storage and display areas by one or a combination of the following:
- Segregating areas from each other by horizontal distance of not less than 25 feet (7620 mm).
- Isolating areas from each other by a noncombustible partition extending not less than 18 inches (457 mm) above the merchandise.
- In accordance with Section 5106.5.
- Where Item 2.2 is used to separate Level 2 or 3 aerosols from flammable or combustible liquids, and the aerosol products are located within 25 feet (7620 mm) of flammable or combustible liquids, the area below the noncombustible partition shall be liquid tight at the floor to prevent spilled liquids from flowing beneath the aerosol products.