// CODE SNIPPET
322.0 Sensitive Areas or Rooms
JUMP TO FULL CODE CHAPTER
[OSHPD 1, 1R, 2, 3 (Surgical Clinics) 4 & 5] The following are sensitive areas or rooms:
- Operating room, hybrid operation room
- Cardiac catheterization lab
- Trauma/cardiac room
- Delivery room, cesarean operating room
- Gastrointestinal endoscopy procedure room
- Post-anesthesia care unit
- Newborn nursery
- Newborn intensive-care nursery unit
- Intensive care
- Burn unit
The following conditions shall be met for sensitive areas or rooms:
- Thermostats and humidistats shall be either locally resettable and of the non-locking type or remotely resettable and of the locking type.
- Systems shall be capable of maintaining the rooms within the temperature range in Table 4-A during normal operation. Lower or higher temperature shall be permitted when patients' comfort and/or medical conditions require those conditions.
- The humidity ranges listed in Table 4-A are the minimum and maximum limits where control is specifically needed.
- Types of intensive care service spaces are listed in the California Building Code.