// CODE SNIPPET
184.108.40.206 Self-Closing Devices
JUMP TO FULL CODE CHAPTER
In any building of low or ordinary hazard contents, as defined in 220.127.116.11 and 18.104.22.168, or where approved by the authority having jurisdiction, door leaves shall be permitted to be automatic-closing, provided that all of the following criteria are met:
- Upon release of the hold-open mechanism, the leaf becomes self-closing.
- The release device is designed so that the leaf instantly releases manually and, upon release, becomes self-closing, or the leaf can be readily closed.
- The automatic releasing mechanism or medium is activated by the operation of approved smoke detectors installed in accordance with the requirements for smoke detectors for door leaf release service in NFPA 72.
- Upon loss of power to the hold-open device, the hold-open mechanism is released and the door leaf becomes self-closing.
- The release by means of smoke detection of one door leaf in a stair enclosure results in closing all door leaves serving that stair.
Related Code Sections
22.214.171.124 Means of Egress, Self-Closing Devices
-open mechanism, the leaf becomes self-closing. The release device is designed so that the leaf instantly releases manually and, upon release ...
Life Safety Code 2018 of Kansas > 7 Means of Egress > 7.2 Means of Egress Components > 7.2.1 Door Openings > 126.96.36.199 Self-Closing Devices
3.3.56 Definitions, Delayed Action Closer
Mechanical self-closing device that incorporates an adjustable delay prior to the initiation of closing. (SAF-MEA) ...
Life Safety Code 2018 of Kansas > 3 Definitions > 3.3 General Definitions > 3.3.56 Delayed Action Closer
7188.8.131.52 Fire and Smoke Protection Features, Door Closing
separating sleeping units in Group R-1 shall be permitted without automatic- or self-closing devices. The elevator car doors and the associated ...
Building Code 2018 of Kansas > 7 Fire and Smoke Protection Features > 716 Opening Protectives > 716.2 Fire Door Assemblies > 716.2.6 Fire Door Hardware and Closures > 7184.108.40.206 Door Closing
412.4.1 Special Detailed Requirements Based on Occupancy and Use, Fire Separation
into the dwelling unit shall be equipped with self-closing devices and conform to the requirements of Section 716 with a noncombustible raised sill ...
Building Code 2018 of Kansas > 4 Special Detailed Requirements Based on Occupancy and Use > 412 Aircraft-Related Occupancies > 412.4 Residential Aircraft Hangars > 412.4.1 Fire Separation