// CODE SNIPPET
1803.5.12 Seismic Design Categories D Through F
JUMP TO FULL CODE CHAPTER
- The determination of dynamic seismic lateral earth pressures on foundation walls and retaining walls supporting more than 6 feet (1.83 m) of backfill height due to design earthquake ground motions.
- 2.1. A site-specific study in accordance with Chapter 21 of ASCE 7.
- 2.2. In accordance with Section 11.8.3 of ASCE 7.
- 3.1. Estimation of total and differential settlement.
- 3.2. Lateral soil movement.
- 3.3. Lateral soil loads on foundations.
- 3.4. Reduction in foundation soil-bearing capacity and lateral soil reaction.
- 3.5. Soil downdrag and reduction in axial and lateral soil reaction for pile foundations.
- 3.6. Increases in soil lateral pressures on retaining walls.
- 3.7. Flotation of buried structures.
- 4.1. Selection of appropriate foundation type and depths.
- 4.2. Selection of appropriate structural systems to accommodate anticipated displacements and forces.
- 4.3. Ground stabilization.
- 4.4. Any combination of these measures and how they shall be considered in the design of the structure.