Compressed gas containers shall be secured to prevent movement from contact, vibration or seismic activity, utilizing one or more of the following methods:
- Securing containers to a fixed object with one or more noncombustible restraints. Containers shall not be secured to plumbing systems or electrical conduits.
- Securing containers on a cart or other mobile device designed for the movement of compressed gas containers.
- Nesting of compressed gas containers at container filling or servicing facilities or in seller's warehouses not accessible to the public. Nesting may be used provided the nested containers, if dislodged, do not obstruct any required means of egress.
- Securing of compressed gas containers to or within a rack, framework, cabinet or similar assembly designed for such use, except when the containers are being inspected, serviced, filled or transported.
- Securing stationary compressed gas containers to a foundation designed for such use in accordance with the construction codes, including the Building Code.