// CODE SNIPPET
408.1.2.7 Secure Interview Rooms
JUMP TO FULL CODE CHAPTER
- A monitored automatic sprinkler system shall be provided throughout buildings and portions thereof including secure interview rooms. The automatic sprinkler system shall comply with Section 903.3.1.1.
- Secure interview rooms shall be located in non-combustible construction.
- Secure interview rooms have glazed or barred openings with direct, continuous observation from law enforcement personnel who have a means to open the secure interview room.
- Not more than 6 occupants in secure interview rooms shall be located in the same fire area.
- An automatic smoke detection system shall be installed within secure interview rooms and mechanical and electrical rooms.