When it is required that documents be prepared by a registered design professional, the building official shall be authorized to require the owner to engage and designate on the approval application a registered design professional who shall act as the registered design professional in responsible charge. The registered design professional in responsible charge shall be responsible for reviewing and coordinating submittal documents prepared by others, including phased and deferred submittal items, for compatibility with the design of the building.
Where structural observation is required by Section 1709, the inspection program shall name the individual or firms who are to perform structural observation and describe the stages of construction at which structural observation is to occur. See also duties specified in Section 1704.
- Buildings or structures classified as one-, two-, or three-family dwellings and accessory structures;
- Energy conservation design for buildings or structures classified as one-, two-, or three-family dwellings;
- Fire protection system designs submitted under the signature of an individual certified in accordance with Section 107.4.4;
- Installation of replacement devices, equipment or systems that are equivalent in type and design to the replaced devices, equipment or systems; and
- 5.1. For the purpose of this exception, technical design analysis is defined as the development of integrated solutions using analytical methods in accordance with established scientific and engineering principles.