The general contractor must hold a safety coordination meeting prior to the initial erection, as well as the dismantling or initial jump down, of a climber or tower crane. No work related to the erection, climbing, jumping or dismantling of the tower or climber crane may be performed without the safety coordination meeting having taken place. The following parties must be present at the safety coordination meeting:
- General contractor or designee;
- Professional engineer of record for the crane or designee;
- Licensed master, tower or climber crane rigger and rigger foreman;
- Site safety manager or coordinator, if required for the job by Chapter 33 of the code;
- Licensed crane operator and oiler; and
- Any other parties the department deems necessary.