- Any person wishing to file a petition requesting the adoption, amendment or repeal of a rule by the Building Code Council shall file a written petition on a form provided by the Building Code Council and 21 copies with the Building Code Council Secretary.
- The petition shall include the following information:
- Name, address and occupation of petitioner;
- A summary of the proposed action (adoption, amendment or repeal of a rule or rules);
- A draft of the proposed rule or other action;
- A complete statement of the reason for the proposed action with supporting documentation;
- An identification of the persons or class of persons most likely to be affected by the proposed action; and
- An economic impact analysis as required by General Statute §143-138(a).
The presiding officer at any rule-making hearing shall have control of the proceedings, including: recognition of speakers, time allotments for presentations, the right to question speakers, direction of the discussion and management of the hearing.
A record of rule-making proceedings will be available for public inspection during regular office hours at the Building Code Council's office. This record will contain the original petition, if any, the notice, all written memoranda and information submitted, and a record or summary of oral presentations, if any, and, in any case where a proposal was rejected, the reason therefore.
Any rules that are adopted by the Building Code Council and approved by the Rules Review Commission shall be accepted by the Code Enforcement Official as an alternate method of construction prior to the effective date if requested by the owner or his agent.