// CODE SNIPPET
3314.11.2 Rope Replacement
JUMP TO FULL CODE CHAPTER
Ropes shall be replaced or removed if any of the following conditions exist, and as otherwise prescribed by rule of the department:
- Any physical damage that impairs the function and strength of the rope.
- Presence of kinks that might impair the tracking or wrapping of the rope around the drums or sheaves.
- Presence of abrasion, corrosion, scrubbing, flasttening or peening causing the loss of more than one-third of the original diameter of the outside wires.
- Heat damage caused by a torch or any damage caused by contact with electrical wires.
- Evidence that the secondary brake has been activated during an overspeed condition and has engaged the suspension rope.