// CODE SNIPPET
JUMP TO FULL CODE CHAPTER
The hazard-related risk(s) to the users.
- In determining the principal purpose or function of the building or structure, the use and occupancy classifications found in the International Building Code shall be used.
- In determining the hazard-related risk(s) to users of buildings and structures, the following shall be considered:
- The nature of the hazard, whether it is likely to originate internal or external to the structure, and how it may impact the occupants, the structure and the contents.
- The number of persons normally occupying, visiting, employed in or otherwise using the building, structure or portion of the building or structure.
- The length of time the building is normally occupied by people.
- Whether people normally sleep in the building.
- Whether the building occupants and other users are expected to be familiar with the building layout and means of egress.
- Whether a significant percentage of the building occupants are, or are expected to be, members of vulnerable population groups such as infants, young children, elderly persons, persons with physical disabilities, persons with mental disabilities or persons with other conditions or impairments that could affect their ability to make decisions, egress without the physical assistance of others or tolerate adverse conditions.
- Whether a significant percentage of building occupants and other users have familiar or dependent relationships.