[NY] 1206.10.7 Retrofits
- A building permit shall be obtained in accordance with Section 105.
- New batteries, battery modules, capacitors and similar energy storage system components shall be listed.
- Energy storage management systems and other monitoring systems shall be connected and installed in accordance with the manufacturer's instructions.
- The overall installation shall continue to comply with UL 9540 listing requirements, where applicable.
- Systems that have been retrofitted shall be commissioned in accordance with Section 1206.9.1.
- Retrofits shall be documented in the service records log.
Exception: Retrofitting of lead-acid and nickel-cadmium batteries with other lead-acid and nickel-cadmium batteries at facilities under the exclusive control of communications utilities that comply with NFPA 76 and operate at less than 50 VAC and 60 VDC.