// CODE SNIPPET
2806.3 Retail Aerosol Displays Exceeding 8 Feet High
JUMP TO FULL CODE CHAPTER
Aerosol displays shall be protected by a sprinkler system in accordance with NFPA 30B and the following requirements:
- The fire protection required for a retail display of aerosol products shall be determined based on the height of the aerosol products in the display and the type of packaging in which aerosol products displayed more than 6 feet (1829 mm) above the finished floor are stored.
- Uncartoned Level 2 and 3 aerosols and Level 2 and 3 aerosols in display-cut cartons may be displayed not more than 6 feet (1829 mm) above the finished floor when applying the cartoned aerosol display tables set forth in NFPA 30B.
- Where sprinkler protection is provided for a Level 2 or 3 aerosol retail display area, such sprinkler system shall be designed to extend coverage to an area not less than 20 feet (6096 mm) in all directions beyond the display area.
- Where ordinary and high-temperature ceiling sprinkler systems are adjacent to each other, noncombustible draft curtains shall be installed between the areas protected by the respective sprinkler systems.
Retail displays of Level 2 and 3 aerosol products shall comply with the following separation distance requirements:
- Level 2 and 3 aerosol display areas shall be separated from each other by not less than 25 feet (7620 mm).
Level 2 and 3 aerosol displays shall be separated from flammable and combustible liquids storage and display areas by one or more of the following measures:
- A horizontal distance of not less than 25 feet (7620 mm).
- A noncombustible partition extending not less than 18 inches (457 mm) above the merchandise. When the aerosol products are located within 25 feet (7620 mm) of flammable or combustible liquids, the noncombustible partition shall be liquid tight at the floor level.
- Special fire protection for double-row racks in accordance with FC2806.5.