Hot work shall only be conducted in areas designed or authorized for that purpose by the personnel responsible for a Hot Work Program. Hot work shall not be conducted in the following areas unless approval has been obtained from the fire code official:
- Areas where the sprinkler system is impaired.
- Areas where there exists the potential of an explosive atmosphere, such as locations where flammable gases, liquids or vapors are present.
- Areas with readily ignitable materials, such as storage of large quantities of bulk sulfur, baled paper, cotton, lint, dust or loose combustible materials.
- On board ships at dock or ships under construction or repair.
- At other locations as specified by the fire code official.