// CODE SNIPPET
1704.1.3 Responsibilities of the Permit Holder
JUMP TO FULL CODE CHAPTER
The permit holder shall have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Statement of special inspections. The application for permit shall include a statement of relevant special inspections as a condition for permit issuance on forms supplied by the department. This statement shall include:
- A complete list of materials and work included in the permit application requiring special inspections by this section and elsewhere in this code and the inspections to be performed on such work and materials; and
- A list of the special inspection agencies retained by the owner for conducting the special inspections listed on the approved plans. Within each category of work, multiple special inspectors or special inspection agencies may be employed.
- Identification of registered design professionals providing design documents for certain construction operations. The registered design professionals responsible for the production of design, sequence of construction operations or shop drawings for projects that require design pursuant to Chapter 33, shall file documentation of their intent to perform those duties on forms supplied by the department.
- Required notification to special inspection agencies. The holder of a permit covering work requiring a special inspection shall notify the relevant special inspectors or special inspection agencies in writing at least 72 hours before the commencement of any work requiring special inspection.
- Access for special inspection. The construction or work for which special inspection is required shall remain accessible and exposed for special inspection purposes until completion of the required special inspections.
- Deficiencies. The permit holder shall be responsible for the correction of identified deficiencies. A satisfactory inspection by a special inspection agency or the acceptance by the department of a satisfactory report of an inspection by a special inspection agency shall not be construed to be an approval by the department of a violation of the provisions of this code or of any other provision of law.