// CODE SNIPPET
509.10.1.2 Residential-Type Appliances
JUMP TO FULL CODE CHAPTER
Vent connectors for residential-type appliances shall comply with the following:
- Vent connectors for listed appliances having
draft hoods, appliances having draft hoods and
equipped with listed conversion burners, and
Category I appliances that are not installed in
attics, crawl spaces, or other unconditioned
areas shall be one of the following:
- Type B or Type L vent material.
- Galvanized sheet steel not less than 0.018 of an inch (0.457 mm) thick.
- Aluminum (1100 or 3003 alloy or equivalent) sheet not less than 0.027 of an inch (0.686 mm) thick.
- Stainless steel sheet not less than 0.012 of an inch (0.305 mm) thick.
- Smooth interior wall metal pipe having resistance to heat and corrosion equal to or greater than that of Section 509.10.1.2(1)(b), Section 509.10.1.2(1)(c), or Section 509.10.1.2(1)(d).
- A listed vent connector
- Vent connectors shall not be covered with insulation.
Exception: Listed insulated vent connectors shall be installed in accordance with the manufacturer's installation instructions. [NFPA 54:188.8.131.52]