Residential Group R-2.1 occupancies shall include buildings, structures or parts thereof housing clients, on a 24-hour basis, who because of age, mental disability or other reasons, live in a supervised residential environment that provides personal care services.
This occupancy may contain more than six nonambulatory and/or bedridden clients. (See Section 435 Special Provisions for Licensed 24-Hour Care Facilities in a Group R-2.1, R-3.1 or R-4 Occupancy). This group shall include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Assisted living facilities such as:
- Residential care facilities,
- Residential care facilities for the elderly (RCFEs),
- Adult residential facilities,
- Congregate living health facilities,
- Group homes,
- Residential care facilities for the chronically ill,
- Congregate living health facilities for the terminally ill.
- Social rehabilitation facilities such as:
- Halfway houses,
- Community correctional centers,
- Community correction reentry centers,
- Community treatment programs,
- Work furlough programs,
- Alcoholism or drug abuse recovery or treatment facilities.