[NY] 915.3.3 Residential Buildings and Commercial Buildings With an Attached Motor Vehicle Related Occupancy
Carbon monoxide detection shall be installed in a central or otherwise approved location in each occupiable space in a commercial building and within 10 feet (3048 mm) of the entrance to sleeping areas and sleeping units in residential buildings and commercial buildings that:
- Have a communicating opening with an attached motor vehicle related occupancy,
- Share one or more common walls with an attached motor vehicle related occupancy, or
- Are located one story above or below a motor vehicle related occupancy.
Exceptions: Carbon monoxide detection shall not be required:
- Where a motor vehicle related occupancy connects to a building through an open-ended corridor, or
- Where a carbon monoxide detector is provided in an approved location between a room and the motor vehicle related occupancy and the carbon monoxide alarm signals are automatically transmitted to an approved location that provides occupant notification.