Sidewalks, walkways, foot bridges, and pathways that remain open to the public shall be accessible and shall be provided with:
- A clear path, free of obstruction, at least 5 feet (1524 mm) in width;
- A durable walking surface capable of supporting all imposed loads and in no case shall the design live loads be less than 150 pounds per square foot (732.3 kg/m2);
- Mirrors at all blind corners;
- For a temporary walkway or foot bridge where there is a change in elevation along the walkway or footbridge, a ramp with a running slope not steeper than one unit vertical in 12 units horizontal (8-percent slope) with a level landing at least 5 feet long at the top and bottom of each run; and
- For a temporary walkway or foot bridge where the running slope of such walkway or foot bridge is steeper than one unit vertical in 20 units horizontal (5-percent slope) and there is a total rise greater than 6 inches (152 mm), handrails.