// CODE SNIPPET
P2804.6.1 Requirements for Discharge Pipe
JUMP TO FULL CODE CHAPTER
The discharge piping serving a pressure relief valve, temperature relief valve or combination valve shall:
- Not be directly connected to the drainage system.
- Discharge through an air gap located in the same room as the water heater.
- Not be smaller than the diameter of the outlet of the valve served and shall discharge full size to the air gap.
- Serve a single relief device and shall not connect to piping serving any other relief device or equipment.
- Discharge to the floor, to the pan serving the water heater or storage tank, to a waste receptor or to the outdoors.
- Discharge in a manner that does not cause personal injury or structural damage.
- Discharge to a termination point that is readily observable by the building occupants.
- Not be trapped.
- Be installed to flow by gravity.
- Terminate not more than 6 inches (152 mm) and not less than two times the discharge pipe diameter above the floor or waste receptor flood level rim.
- Not have a threaded connection at the end of the piping.
- Not have valves or tee fittings.
- Be constructed of those materials indicated in Section P2906.5 or materials tested, rated and approved for such use in accordance with ASME A112.4.1.
- Be one nominal size larger than the size of the relief-valve outlet, where the relief-valve discharge piping is installed with insert fittings. The outlet end of such tubing shall be fastened in place.
Related Code Sections
504.6 Water Heaters, Requirements for Discharge Piping
The discharge piping serving a pressure relief valve, temperature relief valve or combination thereof shall: Not be directly connected ...
Plumbing Code 2018 of Kansas > 5 Water Heaters > 504 Safety Devices > 504.6 Requirements for Discharge Piping
P2804.6.1 Water Heaters, Requirements for Discharge Pipe
The discharge piping serving a pressure relief valve, temperature relief valve or combination valve shall: Not be directly connected ...
Residential Code 2018 of Kansas > 28 Water Heaters > P2804 Relief Valves > P2804.6 Installation of Relief Valves > P2804.6.1 Requirements for Discharge Pipe
1113.1.4 Storm Drainage, Piping
Discharge piping shall meet the requirements of Section 1102.2, 1102.3 or 1102.4 and shall include a gate valve and a full flow check valve. Pipe ...
Plumbing Code 2018 of Kansas > 11 Storm Drainage > 1113 Sumps and Pumping Systems > 1113.1 Pumping System > 1113.1.4 Piping
P3303.1.4 Storm Drainage, Piping
Discharge piping shall meet the requirements of Sections P3002.1, P3002.2, P3002.3 and P3003. Discharge piping shall include an accessible full ...
Residential Code 2018 of Kansas > 33 Storm Drainage > P3303 Sumps and Pumping Systems > P3303.1 Pumping System > P3303.1.4 Piping
22.214.171.124.3 Installation Requirements,
Where drain pipes are buried underground, approved corrosion-resistant pipe shall be used ...
Standard for the Installation of Sprinkler Systems 2016 of Kansas > 8 Installation Requirements > 8.16 Piping Installation > 8.16.2 Drainage > 126.96.36.199 Discharge of Drain Valves > 188.8.131.52.3