The commissioner shall not approve any construction documents, nor issue an initial or reinstated permit in connection therewith, for a single room occupancy multiple dwelling for the covered categories of work unless the applicant provides:
- A sworn affidavit by or on behalf of all the owners, as the term owner is defined in section 27-2004 of the New York city housing maintenance code, of such multiple dwelling that there will be no harassment of the lawful occupants of such multiple dwelling by or on behalf of such owners during the construction period;
- A tenant protection plan as provided for in this code; and
- One of the following documents from the commissioner of housing preservation and development:
- A current certification that there has been no harassment of the lawful occupants of such multiple dwelling within the 36 month period prior to submission of an application for such certification to the department of housing preservation and development, provided, however, that such certification shall except any portion of such 36 month period during which title was vested in the city; or
- A waiver of such certification.