// CODE SNIPPET
(A) Required Information
JUMP TO FULL CODE CHAPTER
All conductors and cables shall be marked to indicate the following information, using the applicable method described in 310.8(B):
- The maximum rated voltage.
- The proper type letter or letters for the type of wire or cable as specified elsewhere in this Code.
- The manufacturer's name, trademark, or other distinctive marking by which the organization responsible for the product can be readily identified.
- The AWG size or circular mil area.
Informational Note: See Chapter 9, Table 8, Conductor Properties, for conductor area expressed in SI units for conductor sizes specified in AWG or circular mil area.
- Cable assemblies where the neutral conductor is smaller than the ungrounded conductors shall be so marked.