1. Along open-sided walking surfaces, cross aisles, stepped aisles, ramps and landings of tiered seating areas which are located more than 30 inches (762 mm) above the floor or grade below. Such guards shall be not less than 42 inches (1067 mm) high, measured vertically above the leading edge of the tread, adjacent walking surface or adjacent bench seat.
2. In accordance with the Minnesota Bleacher Safety Act, Minnesota Statutes, Section 326B.112:
2. Where an elevation change of 30 inches (762 mm) or less occurs between a cross aisle and the adjacent floor or grade below, guards not less than 26 inches (660 mm) above the aisle floor shall be provided.
3. A guard shall be provided for the full width of an aisle where the lowest point of the aisle is more than 30 inches (762 mm) above the floor or ground below. The guard shall be a minimum of 36 inches (914 mm) high and shall provide a minimum 42 inches (1067 mm) measured diagonally between the top of the rail and the nosing of the nearest aisle step.
4. Unless subject to the requirements of Item 3, a guard with a minimum height of 26 inches (660 mm) shall be provided where the floor or footboard elevation is more than 30 inches (762 mm) above the floor or grade below and the guard would otherwise interfere with the sightlines of immediately adjacent seating.