// CODE SNIPPET
P-1201.1 Required for Discharge
JUMP TO FULL CODE CHAPTER
Indirect waste shall be required for the discharge of all waste from:
- Any refrigerator, ice-box, steam table, bar or soda fountain, swimming pool, swimming pool scum gutter, or any receptacle, appliance, device or apparatus which is used for the storage, preparation, or processing of food or drink. In a three-compartment bar or soda fountain sink, the ice compartment shall be separately trapped and installed as an indirect waste line. The other two compartments shall be connected with a continuous waste, or individual traps and waste lines installed as indirect waste lines in accordance with this Chapter. All drip waste lines shall conform to Section P-904.5. The separation between the ice compartment and the nearest sink shall be at least 2 feet.
- Any appliance, device, or apparatus using water as a cooling or heating medium.
- Any sterilizer, water still or other similar appliance, device or apparatus.
- Any water treatment device, including filters and softeners.
- Any water-operated device.
- Any drain, overflow or vent from a water supply system.
- Any drain for condensate or defrosting evaporators in air conditioning systems of having inlet in the air stream of ventilating or air conditioning systems.
- Any other device when required by the Department and the Department of Public Health for the protection of the public health.