This section has been amended at the state or city level.
The fire command center shall comply with NFPA 72 and shall contain the following features:
- The emergency voice/alarm communication system control unit.
- The fire department communications system.
- Fire alarm system zoning annunciator panel required by Section 907.6.4.3.
- Annunciator unit visually indicating the location of the elevators and whether they are operational.
- Status indicators and controls for air distribution systems.
- The fire fighter's control panel required by Section 909.16 for smoke control systems installed in the building.
- Controls for unlocking interior exit stairway doors simultaneously.
- Sprinkler valve and water-flow detector display panels.
- Emergency and standby power status indicators.
- A telephone for fire department use with controlled access to the public telephone system.
- Fire pump status indicators.
- Schematic building plans indicating the typical floor plan and detailing the building core, means of egress, fire protection systems, fire-fighter air-replenishment systems, fire-fighting equipment and fire department access, and the location of fire walls, fire barriers, fire partitions, smoke barriers and smoke partitions.
- 13.1. General building information that includes: property name, address, the number of floors in the building above and below grade, use and occupancy classification (for mixed uses, identify the different types of occupancies on each floor) and the estimated building population during the day, night and weekend;
- 13.2. Building emergency contact information that includes: a list of the building's emergency contacts including but not limited to building manager, building engineer and their respective work phone number, cell phone number and e-mail address;
- 13.3. Building construction information that includes: the type of building construction including but not limited to floors, walls, columns and roof assembly;
- 13.4. Exit access stairway and exit stairway information that includes: number of exit access stairways and exit stairways in building; each exit access stairway and exit stairway designation and floors served; location where each exit access stairway and exit stairway discharges, interior exit stairways that are pressurized; exit stairways provided with emergency lighting; each exit stairway that allows reentry; exit stairways providing roof access; elevator information that includes: number of elevator banks, elevator bank designation, elevator car numbers and respective floors that they serve; location of elevator machine rooms, control rooms and control spaces; location of sky lobby; and location of freight elevator banks;
- 13.5. Building services and system information that includes: location of mechanical rooms, location of building management system, location and capacity of all fuel oil tanks, location of emergency generator and location of natural gas service;
- 13.6. Fire protection system information that includes: location of standpipes, location of fire pump room, location of fire department connections, floors protected by automatic sprinklers and location of different types of automatic sprinkler systems installed including but not limited to dry, wet and pre-action;
- 13.7. Hazardous material information that includes: location and quantity of hazardous material.
- Work table.
- Generator supervision devices, manual start and transfer features.
- Public address system, where specifically required by other sections of this code.
- Elevator fire recall switch in accordance with California Code of Regulations, Title 8, Division 1, Chapter 4, Subchapter 6, Elevator Safety Orders.
- Elevator emergency or standby power selector switch(es), where emergency or standby power is provided.
- A master switch for unlocking elevator lobby doors permitted by Section 1010.1.9.10.
Fire command centers shall not be used for the housing of any boiler, heating unit, generator, combustible storage, or similar hazardous equipment or storage.