Repositionable countertops shall be provided in a minimum of 5 percent of the covered multifamily dwelling units. Repositionable countertops shall comply with the following:
- Sinks and work surfaces required by Section 1133A.4 shall be designed to enable repositioning to a minimum height of 28 inches (711 mm).
- Base cabinets directly under sinks and work surfaces shall be removable as required in Section 1133A.3.
- The sides of adjacent cabinets and the back wall, which may become exposed to moisture or food handling when a countertop is lowered, shall be constructed of durable, nonabsorbent materials appropriate for such uses.
- Stone, cultured stone and tiled countertops may be used without meeting the repositioning requirements.
- Two 15-inch (381 mm) wide minimum breadboards may be provided in lieu of the required 30 inches (762 mm) of countertop work surface, and used without meeting the repositioning requirements.