// CODE SNIPPET
1133A.4.1 Repositionable Countertops
JUMP TO FULL CODE CHAPTER
Repositionable countertops shall be provided in a minimum of 5 percent of the covered multifamily dwelling units. Repositionable countertops shall comply with the following:
- Sinks and work surfaces required by Section 1133A.4 shall be designed to enable repositioning to a minimum height of 28 inches (711 mm).
- Base cabinets directly under sinks and work surfaces shall be removable as required in Section 1133A.3.
- The sides of adjacent cabinets and the back wall, which may become exposed to moisture or food handling when a countertop is lowered, shall be constructed of durable, nonabsorbent materials appropriate for such uses.
- Stone, cultured stone and tiled countertops may be used without meeting the repositioning requirements.
- Two 15-inch (381 mm) wide minimum breadboards may be provided in lieu of the required 30 inches (762 mm) of countertop work surface, and used without meeting the repositioning requirements.
Related Code Sections
1133A.4.1 Housing Accessibility, Repositionable Countertops
Repositionable countertops shall be provided in a minimum of 5 percent of the covered multifamily dwelling units. Repositionable countertops shall ...
California Building Code 2016 (Vol 1 & 2) > 11A Housing Accessibility > 1133A Kitchens > 1133A.4 Countertops > 1133A.4.1 Repositionable Countertops