// CODE SNIPPET
1224.35.1 Rehabilitation Center Space
JUMP TO FULL CODE CHAPTER
- Patient bedrooms shall contain a minimum of 110 square feet (10.22 m2) of clear floor area per bed, exclusive of toilet room(s), closets, lockers, wardrobes, alcoves or vestibules, with greater space provided for special needs such as circ-o-electric beds.
- Space for group dining shall be provided at the minimum rate of 20 square feet (1.86 m2) per bed.
- Space for group recreation or patient's lounge shall be provided at the minimum rate of 20 square feet (1.86 m2) per bed.
- Space for staff conferences, patient evaluation, and progress reports.
- A classroom space.
- An examination and treatment room, adjacent or directly accessible to an office for the physician in charge of the outpatient service.
- A patient waiting area with access to telephone, drinking fountain, and men's and women's toilet room facilities in or adjacent to the rehabilitation outpatient service area.
- Access to an outside area to be used for therapeutic procedures for patients.
- At least one training toilet room in each patient unit with minimum dimensions of 5 feet by 6 feet (1524 mm by 1829 mm).
- Patient bathtubs, where provided, of standard height and located to provide access to both sides and one end of the tub.
- Patient showers, where provided in centralized bathing facilities, shall comply with Section 11B-608.2.2, no dimension of which shall be less than 4 feet (1219 mm), be equipped with handrails, privacy curtains, and designed for ease of accessibility. The floor shall be sloped to provide drainage.
Related Code Sections
1224.35.1 Interior Environment, Rehabilitation Center Space
If provided, a rehabilitation center space shall be designed to meet the requirements of Section 1224.14, except as follows: Patient bedrooms shall ...
Los Angeles Building Code > 12 Interior Environment > 1224 [OSHPD 1] Hospitals > 1224.35 Rehabilitation Therapy Department > 1224.35.1 Rehabilitation Center Space
1226.10 Interior Environment, Rehabilitation Clinics
Rehabilitation clinics and outpatient clinical services of a hospital providing services equivalent to a rehabilitation clinic shall comply ...
Los Angeles Building Code > 12 Interior Environment > 1226 [OSHPD 3] Clinics > 1226.10 Rehabilitation Clinics
5.304.6.2 Nonresidential Mandatory Measures, Rehabilitated Landscapes
[DSA-SS] Rehabilitated landscape projects with an aggregate landscape area equal to or greater than 1,200 square feet ...
Los Angeles Green Building Code > 5 Nonresidential Mandatory Measures > 5.304 Outdoor Water Use > 5.304.6 Outdoor Potable Water Use in Landscape Areas [DSA-SS] > 5.304.6.2 Rehabilitated Landscapes
1228.13 Interior Environment, Psychiatric Rehabilitation Activities Service Space
The psychiatric rehabilitation activities service space may be centralized for common use or may be located in each nursing unit in response ...
Los Angeles Building Code > 12 Interior Environment > 1228 Acute Psychiatric Hospitals > 1228.13 Psychiatric Rehabilitation Activities Service Space
1227.5.3 Interior Environment, Handrails
Corridors for patient traffic in areas providing skilled nursing, intermediate, care or rehabilitation services shall be furnished with a handrail ...
Los Angeles Building Code > 12 Interior Environment > 1227 [OSHPD 4] Correctional Treatment Centers > 1227.5 Corridors > 1227.5.3 Handrails