184.108.40.206 Regulated Buildings, Structures and Applications
The model code, state amendments to the model code, and/ or state amendments where there are no relevant model code provisions shall apply to detached one- and two-family dwellings, townhouses, and structures accessory thereto. State agencies with regulatory authority as specified in Sections 1.2 through 1.14, except where modified by local ordinance pursuant to Section 1.1.8. When adopted by a state agency, the provisions of this code shall be enforced by the appropriate enforcing agency, but only to the extent of authority granted to such agency by the state legislature.
Note: See Preface to distinguish the model code provisions from the California provisions.
- One- and two-family dwellings, townhouses, employee housing, factory-built housing and other types of dwellings containing sleeping accommodations with common toilets or cooking facilities. See Section 220.127.116.11.1.
- Permanent buildings and permanent accessory buildings or structures constructed within mobile-home parks and special occupancy parks regulated by the Department of Housing and Community Development. See Section 18.104.22.168.3.
- Home for the elderly, children's nursery, children's home or institution, school or any similar occupancy of any capacity
- Small family day-care homes, large family day-care homes, residential facilities and residential facilities for the elderly, residential care facilities
- State institutions or other state-owned or state-occupied buildings
- Residential structures
- Tents, awnings or other fabric enclosures used in connection with any occupancy
- Fire alarm devices, equipment and systems in connection with any occupancy
- Wildland-urban interface fire areas